Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mac Studio Fix



Not everybody is a natural beauty, and that's ok, so said Chris Crocker in his YouTube video entitled Make-up is my friend !

So what do mere mortals like us do when we're not bestowed with natural beauty as defined by the "billion dollar fashion industry?" Well, we make ourselves up. With make-up. Now they say that make-up is just to enhance our appearance, and that what really matters is inner beauty. Well, I don't have inner beauty, so I'll deal with my outer beauty instead, thank you very much.

The foundation of a great outer beauty is well, foundation. I have been using Revlon lately (given to me by a dear friend) and when I could already see the metal base of my cake foundation, it was time for me to buy a new one. My new favorite mall did not carry the product so I had to settle for whatever was there lest I am unable to find a store which carries Revlon and risk running out of my foundation. The horror! I'd rather have a shortage of oxygen than my precious foundation.

So that's how I found M.A.C. My other friends were already using M.A.C. but it was kinda expensive for me. And I felt that it was a little bit heavy for everyday use since I was under the impression that M.A.C. is leaning towards the professional cosmetics market.

Well, I decided to try it and just scratch it off as a lesson learned if I do not like it. I was assisted by this girl who had the most incredible green eyeshadow which reminded me of a peacock. I asked her who did it, and I was quite surprised when she said she do her own make-up. Okay, 10 points for expertise. I told her I was looking for a cake foundation, and without hesitation, she gave me shade no. nc40. Okay, another 10 points for product knowledge. She applied it to me and told me that this shade was perfect for me. At that point, since she only applied it to a small part on my lower right cheek, I honestly couldn't tell. It was barely visible. Of course being the fussy buyer that I was, I asked for shades a tone lighter and a tone darker than the one she suggested so that I can make a comparison. She willingly obliged and applied both shades on my face. And there it was. I can now see the subtle differences between the three shades. Impressive.

I got it and paid at the counter. I noticed how the other girls there all had these incredible eyeshadow in varying colors and shades that seemed to be their uniform. When I got home, I tried it on. I was again amazed at how light it felt on my face. And when I looked at the mirror, it was truly invisible. Like I never put any of it on.

To test a foundation, I always use a camera and take a picture of myself to see what it looks like on film. I also needed to check if there will be a noticeable line between my face and my neck. I don't need my face to look like it was pasted on my neck due to contrasting colors.

Well, I wouldn't be gushing about my M.A.C. foundation if I didn't get the results I wanted, albeit being unexpected. I simply looked flawless without looking like I had any make-up on. Pores disappeared and best of all, I could wear it daily. No irritation whatsoever. I'm happy with it, and the camera loves it. I feel confident with my natural beauty now more than ever so the price is so worth it.

No comments: